Since I’m usually used to making jewelry,
This time I decided to do something completely different: I made DIY Bow rain boots!
i made mine Rain boots that I bought in Paris a few months ago, made them a little more personal and gave them a sweet and romantic touch 😉
When I saw the beautiful Red Valentino rainboots at the pop-up store in Knokke this summer (see my blog post about it), I decided to do a look-a-like with my own boots!
What do you think about it?
Do you want to do them too? See my “Do It Yourself Bow Rainboots” here :o)
1) You need:
– Rain boots (you can get them cheaply at the market, at Blokker or Casa, …)
– a pair of pliers to make holes (usually to make holes in leather)
– Nail polish
2) Make two holes in the back of each shoe with the pliers. I used simple pliers to make holes. There are also other pliers you can use, like a pair of pliers that you use to push some small iron rings into the hole. This way you’ll make the hole a little tighter.
3) Pass the tape through the two holes.
4) Bow 🙂
5) Cut the tape.
6) Put some clear nail polish on the end of each piece of ribbon. This will prevent the band from unraveling.
7) Whoop whoop! You have bow rain boots! Let it Rain! 😉